ASA-HC Houston Chapter members Holes Incorporated; EyeSite Surveillance, Inc.; and Haley-Greer, Inc., were three of 14 construction subcontracting firms to earn the American Subcontractors Association’s Certificate of Excellence in Ethics. The awards were presented on March 8 during a ceremony in Nashville, Tenn., in conjunction with ASA’s annual national convention, SUBExcel 2019, the premier education and networking event for subcontractors, specialty trade contractors, and suppliers in the construction industry.
The ASA Certificate of Excellence in Ethics is presented to subcontractors, specialty trade contractors, and suppliers in recognition of their commitment to ASA values like quality construction and a safe and healthy work environment. Other ethics certificate recipients were:
- ACE Glass Construction Corporation, Little Rock, Ark.
- Banker Insulation, Chandler, Ariz.
- Bazan Painting Company, St. Louis, Mo.
- Front Range Commercial Windows and Doors
- Kent Companies, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Markham Contracting Company, Inc., Phoenix, Ariz.
- Platinum Drywall, Maumelle, Ark.
- Shapiro & Duncan, Inc., Rockville, Md.
- Sorella Group, Inc., Overland Park, Kan.
- South Valley Drywall, Inc., Littleton, Colo.
- Western Engineering Contractors, Inc., Loomis, Calif.
ASA Task Force on Ethics in the Construction Industry Chair Shannon MacArthur, MEMCO (and ASA-HC member), Spring, Texas, and Walter Bazan Jr., Bazan Painting Company, St. Louis, Mo., a member of the task force and an ASA past president, announced the awards.