Due to the recent influx of positive COVID-19 cases on jobsites, Karsten Interior Services provided their GC clients, partners and vendors with a letter informing them they will not allow their employees to be put in a situation that increases the risk of exposure. Karsten states in the letter that when CDC recommendations for social distancing are not followed, Karsten employees will promptly be removed from the project. Additionally, Karsten provided a list of concerns they are seeing on jobsites:
- “Trade stacking” – too many different subcontractor trades working in the same areas and not practicing social distancing
- Subcontractors and Vendors not utilizing proper PPE
- Tightening of schedule that require too many employees working in the same area
- Improper maintaining and disinfecting of Restroom facilities
- Slow response and communication of Positive or Testing of other subcontractors
Karsten shared the letter with ASA-HC and gave permission for us to share it with all ASA members to use if they are seeing the same problems.