As we all continue to grapple with COVID-19 and the immense effects it is having on families, businesses, and our society, ASA-HC is working diligently to bring its members important, up-to-date information. Below is a list of resources beneficial to individuals and companies in the construction industry.
- ASA Coronavirus Resource Guide.
- ASA Coronavirus Employer Guide.
(This link will take you to the ASA website. To access this MEMBERS ONLY document: AFTER you click the link that takes you to the ASA national website, use “Member Login” at the top left of the page, click “Resources” on the left side, select “Member Benefits” in the “Show Only” drop down menu.
- “Essential Business” Travel Language for Employees
STAY AT HOME ORDERS
- Harris County – Effective Mar. 24, 2020 (Construction deemed “Essential”)
- Galveston County – Effective Mar. 24, 2020 (Construction deemed “Essential”)
- City of Austin – Effective Mar. 24, 2020
- City of Austin Guidance for Construction Industry – Effective Mar. 24, 2020 (Construction NOT “Essential”)
- Summary and Guidance on Austin’s “Guidance for Construction Industry” provided by Andrews Myers, P.C.
- Fort Bend County – Effective Mar. 25, 2020 (Construction deemed “Essential”)
- Montgomery County – Effective Mar. 27, 2020 (Construction deemed Essential)
PPE DONATION DRIVE FOR HOUSTON MEDICAL COMMUNITY
ASA-HC is proud to partner with Harris County Medical Society, and other Houston area construction association in a PPE donation drive for our local medical community.
FAMILIES FIRST CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE ACT
On Wednesday, Mar. 18, 2020, President Trump signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, which requires businesses with under 500 employees to provide leave to employees missing work because of certain COVID-19 related reasons.
CONSTRUCTION JOBSITE RECOMMENDED PRACTICES
- AGC Houston Chapter published a list of recommended protocols for construction jobsites to address the spread of COVID-19.
- Houston’s Mayor’s office held a conference call with leaders from Houston’s construction industry regarding the Mayor’s consideration of construction as an essential business in the case of further restrictions/shelter in place mandates. This discussion resulted in some jobsite protocol recommendations for Houston area jobsites.
LETTERS TO GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS
- Letter to Texas Governor Abbott – On Mar. 19, 2020, five Texas state-wide construction associations sent a letter to Governor Abbott requesting he treat construction as an essential service for the state and refrain from any action to curtail ongoing construction projects.
- Letter to Local Elected Officials – On Mar. 23, 2020, five Texas state-wide construction associations sent a letter to local elected officials, including Houston Mayor Turner and Harris County Judge Hidalgo, requesting that in the event the city or county issues a “Shelter in Place”-type order, all construction services should be deemed essential services and exempt from such an order.
- OSHA Guidance for Preparing your Workplace for COVID-19
- DOL Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- DOL Poster – Employee Rights: Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave under The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
TOOLBOX TALKS/COMPANY POLICIES
- Corona Virus Toolbox Talk from ESC Consultants
- COVID-19 Action Plan from Safety By Design
- Pandemic Flu (Policy) from ESC Consultants